Who We Are
We’re a close, motivated team on a big mission to change trajectories for future leaders in the finance sector. We have a vision of a world where all finance leaders steward the world’s capital for the greater good. And our mission is to inspire character and integrity in the finance leaders of tomorrow.
Scholars of Finance is a national team, with 450+ members across 17 universities in New York, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Minneapolis, and several other markets. Since starting less than a year ago, we’ve raised more than $1M+ in seed funding and commitments and brought together 1200+ students with 400+ executives for values-based leadership development. We’re proud to be supported by partners including Goldman Sachs, U.S. Bank, and Piper Sandler, and advisors including Richard Davis, prior CEO of U.S. Bank, Teri List, Board Director of Microsoft, and Tony Paquette, CFO of Point72.
- Design Your Internship. What are you passionate about? What do you enjoy doing? What are your strengths or what do you want to grow/gain experience in? You’ll answer these questions, cross-reference your answers against a long list of strategic needs for SOF, and partner with our Executive Team to design your internship.
- Grow as a Leader. Spend several hours per month investing in your own leadership development and career planning. Our CEO and COO have mentored high-potential young professionals for many years and will work with you to achieve your personal and professional development goals.
- Make an Impact. Internships with SOF are massive opportunities to work on strategic projects that will meaningfully influence the future of our organization. Scholars of Finance is growing fast and you can help fuel that growth.
As a Marketing Intern, You Will
- Work with the current marketing team to increase Scholars of Finance’s brand awareness
- Post on all social media platforms on a regular basis to increase and retain followers
- Work with individual chapters of Scholars of Finance to set up and design a consistent marketing strategy across the country
- Curate content that appeals to the target audience of Scholars of Finance
- Analyze post insights/interactions and implement changes to continue driving Scholars of Finance image/brand forward
- Come up with creative ways to engage with the followers of Scholars of Finance on a national and chapter level
- Work with our web design team to improve the overall aesthetics of the website and ensure that it’s on brand with all other marketing materials
- Work with our media team to launch, produce, and syndicate our podcast
- Assist in the creation of a monthly newsletter and quarterly CEO letter
- Create campaigns and communication schedules to promote national events and initiatives
What You’ll Need
- 1-2 previous internships or 1-2 years of general work experience.
- Strong critical thinking skills; you can identify opportunities, anticipate challenges and gaps, and contingency plan accordingly.
- You can effectively recommend strategies, tactics, timelines, and resources needed to achieve organizational goals.
- You can work independently and take ownership of outcomes while prioritizing and juggling multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- You are an excellent communicator and writer and you have great taste for design; you can build content that is appealing and drives action.
Mentality for Success
- You have a passion for our mission, an interest in finance as a force for good, and commitment to developing ethical & morally sound leaders.
- Unwavering commitment to quality work and data-driven solutions.
- A desire and willingness to contribute beyond your job description. You’re ready to do whatever it takes to push the mission forward.
- Humility to be both a leader and a “do-er”. After building a strategy, you’ll roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get it done.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. Is something broken? Fix it.
- Driving marketing through key partnerships, email campaigns, driving traffic to a website, community word-of-mouth, etc.
- Familiar with Google Suite and associated applications.
- Working with teams in multiple cities & multiple time zones.
Benefits and Perks
- Gain Unparalleled Experience. Scholars of Finance started with one leadership symposium and now we’re on a mission to change the future of the finance sector. Our interns partner with our CEO and COO to design their projects and focus. They work directly with our CEO, COO, and Associate Team, and are coached throughout the process.
- Build a Movement. Scholars of Finance has early traction, like our partnership with Goldman Sachs or our virtual and live events that attract hundreds of students and finance leaders every year. You will help recruit and build a national organization from the ground up.
- Work On What Matters. Scholars of Finance wants you to take the initiative to do what you are passionate about. If you have a big idea, we want you to run with it, and we’ll help you bring it to life.
- Gain Academic Credit. If you would like to apply this internship toward academic credit, Scholars of Finance will fully support you in obtaining credit from your university.
- Program Length. We are flexible on when you start, how long the internship runs, and what hours you are expected to work. Generally, we are seeking candidates who can commit at least 3 months to an internship.
- Participation. It is required to participate for at least 10-20 hours per week (M-F between 8am and 6pm PST). We need your availability during these peak business hours so that it’s possible to sync with team members.
- Pay. This is an unpaid internship. We offer an educational stipend of $200/month ($600 total), but this funding is not considered pay and is not tied to merit or performance. Aside from monetary compensation, you’ll also have world-class personal development and growth opportunities as outlined above, executive exposure with our Board of Directors and Advisors, and the ability to design elements of your own internship experience.
- Location. Our entire team works remotely, so whether you’re at home, on campus, or in Europe for the month, you can work wherever you want.