We have a vision where all finance leaders steward the world’s capital to serve the greater good. We can impact how billions, or even trillions of dollars are invested for our future.
Who We Are
Scholars of Finance has grown nationwide. Since our organization’s launch, we’ve raised $4M+, hired a team, and brought together 2,000+ students with 600+ executives for change.
We are fortunate to be backed by Founding Partners like Goldman Sachs, Blackstone, and Morgan Stanley, and are being advised by some of the most influential investors in the world.
We operate with business discipline to scale our impact and innovate rapidly. SOF has been likened to a “VC-backed startup out of Silicon Valley” – a nonprofit like no other.
Develop Future Leaders
Build a Startup
Work From Anywhere
Expand Your Network
Seven Sigma Culture
Since our primary focus is to espouse ethics, integrity, and stewardship among the finance leaders of tomorrow, we orient conversations around how to uphold these values at home, at work, and while making investment decisions. While these discussions are held within the context of our organization, we believe the truths we uncover apply universally to all aspects of a leader’s life. Below are the team values that make us effective as an organization.
At Scholars of Finance, our values are incredibly important to us. When the founding team developed them, it was through a process of weeks of introspection, discussion, and dozens of hours of debate. We arrived at a set of values and behaviors that we can all strive to uphold. We have ongoing discussions about our values and even offer each other 360° feedback with our values as a touchstone.
Do what’s right
- Do the right thing, always
- Build trust through transparency and accountability
- Honor your responsibilities and commitments
- Speak the truth at all times
- Foster relationships with respect and empathy
- Offer kindness and forgiveness to everyone
- Be generous with your time, energy, and resources
- Champion diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Serve a purpose greater than yourself
- Cultivate gratitude for what you have
- Recognize both your strengths and limitations
- Ask for and share honest feedback regularly
Know the world
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood
- Realize that there is always more to learn
- Value every situation as a growth opportunity
- Pursue and embrace diverse perspectives
Do excellent work
- Accept nothing less than your best
- Develop credibility through consistency
- Operate patiently and think long term
- Live a healthy and balanced life
- Solve large and important problems in the world
- Stand up for what you believe is right
- Remain calm during difficult times
- Embrace change and help others do the same