At Scholars of Finance, we are a team striving to inspire future principled leaders in finance. We recently hired our first two full-time staff to lead and build Scholars of Finance over the coming years and are looking for other values-driven individuals to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to join a start-up organization with strong momentum and help take it to the next level of impact. If you have an interest and passion for carrying our mission forward, check out our opportunities below.
A small team, committed to a cause bigger than themselves, can achieve anything.
Who We Are
We have a vision where all finance leaders steward the world’s capital to serve the greater good. We’re on a mission to inspire character and integrity in the finance leaders of tomorrow.
Scholars of Finance has grown nationwide. Since our organization’s launch, we’ve raised over $1M+ and brought together 1300+ students with 450+ executives for leadership development.
We are fortunate to be backed by excellent partners like U.S. Bank, Piper Sandler, and Goldman Sachs, as well as advisors including Teri List, Daniel Hibbert, and Richard Davis.
We aim to scale our organization to several team members, which will enable us to support dozens of chapters, and develop thousands of principled future finance leaders in the years ahead.
Develop Future Leaders
Scholars of Finance is on a mission to change the future of the finance sector. As a member of our team you’ll build the foundation of the organization so we can achieve that mission for decades to come.
Build a Startup
Scholars of Finance has early traction, like our partnerships with Goldman Sachs and US Bank, and launching chapters at 17 universities. You will lead, manage, and inspire hundreds of high-performing students who are helping us build on our early success.
Work Where You Want
We are a fully remote team. You can work from anywhere in the world as you help build Scholars of Finance. We also have unlimited vacation and you can take time for sickness, family, and personal development as needed.
Premium Health Care
We believe in making sure our thriving leaders are healthy and happy. This is why we offer generous reimbursements for health insurance, dental, and vision care. We also offer a personal development stipend so you can invest in your own development.
Expand Your Network
As a member of the Scholars of Finance community, you will have the opportunity to connect with individuals on our Boards, respected partners in our network, as well as aspiring student leaders in finance.
Since our primary focus is to espouse ethics, integrity, and stewardship among the finance leaders of tomorrow, we orient conversations around how to uphold these values at home, at work, and while making investment decisions. While these discussions are held within the context of our organization, we believe the truths we uncover apply universally to all aspects of a leader’s life. Below are the team values that make us effective as an organization.
At Scholars of Finance, our values are incredibly important to us. When the founding team developed them, it was through a process of weeks of introspection, discussion, and dozens of hours of debate. We arrived at a set of values and behaviors that we can all strive to uphold. We have ongoing discussions about our values and even offer each other 360° feedback with our values as a touchstone.
Do what’s right
- Do the right thing, always
- Build trust through transparency and accountability
- Honor your responsibilities and commitments
- Speak the truth at all times
- Foster relationships with respect and empathy
- Offer kindness and forgiveness to everyone
- Be generous with your time, energy, and resources
- Champion diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Serve a purpose greater than yourself
- Cultivate gratitude for what you have
- Recognize both your strengths and limitations
- Ask for and share honest feedback regularly
Know the world
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood
- Realize that there is always more to learn
- Value every situation as a growth opportunity
- Pursue and embrace diverse perspectives
Do excellent work
- Accept nothing less than your best
- Develop credibility through consistency
- Operate patiently and think long term
- Live a healthy and balanced life
- Solve large and important problems in the world
- Stand up for what you believe is right
- Remain calm during difficult times
- Embrace change and help others do the same