We’re looking for students interested in building communities of ethical, purpose-driven, future leaders in finance.
Why Launch a Campus Chapter?
- Build a community of people interested in ethical leadership and purposeful finance at your college/university
- Exercise your entrepreneurial muscles and learn how to build a thriving organization with national support
- Bring top-tier leadership, technical training, and character development programs to your campus
- Connect with corporate partners and network with professionals to build long-term relationships
LEAD YOUR OWN CHAPTER
- Recruit top student peers to join your leadership team
- Lead your team to make a huge impact together
- Get 3-5 hours/week of real-world experience growing your chapter
DELIVER PROGRAMS TO PEERS
- Lead impactful programs and events at your school
- Shape your campus culture with a values-based finance community
- Acquire valuable skills to strengthen your resume
BECOME A FUTURE FINANCE LEADER
- Learn directly from top finance executives and investors
- Become a leader in a national movement and community
- Develop your entrepreneurship as you build your chapter
1. Submit an Interest Form: Tell us why you are interested in being a leader at Scholars of Finance.
2. Selected Chapters: Due to the high demand of chapters interested in being launched, the SOF Team will notify selected leaders if they will be able to join the next round of chapter launches.
3. Source Co-Founders & Faculty Advisor: Selected Chapters will be asked to source at least 7 Co-Founders to officially launch their chapter.
4. Chapter Application: Once Co-Founders are selected, submit a chapter application for official launch with contact information for all members and faculty advisor as well as your campus’ recognized organization process.
5. Initial Interviews: Potential founders partake in initial interview with fellow Student Leaders to confirm alignment with Scholars of Finance’s Vision, Mission, and Values as well as gauge experience and qualifications.
6. Final Interview: Potential founders have a final interview with the CEO or an appointed delegate.
7. Chapter Launch: Once Co-Founders have completed their interviews, the Scholars of Finance Leadership Team will host a chapter launch kick-off meeting.
8. Build Your Community: Co-Founders will recruit members for their chapter with the support of our National Team.
SCHOLARS OF FINANCE CREATES LASTING IMPACT
“I hear about the need for an establishment of ethics and morals in the world of finance, but I never saw actionable steps to get there until Scholars of Finance. This program is more than just education - it’s a catalyst to re-imagine finance and business. I’m excited to be a steward of the mission, vision, and values to impact the world of finance for good.”Brielle MitchellHoward University Chapter
“Throughout my time with SOF I have been able to develop a firm understanding of my values and principles as well as how I can live true to them. I now have a framework that I can use to evaluate my decisions and ensure that I’m acting in accordance with my deepest held values…”Nishant SinghalCo-Founder, Princeton Chapter
“SOF and its mentorship program has been an incredible experience for me... my mentor has been amazing and he has certainly increased my passion for financial services and Scholars of Finance’s potential impact.”Dennis FranklinCo-Founder, Columbia Chapter
“When I found Scholars of Finance I knew we needed a chapter at Stern! For SOF, we're all here to serve the broader community and the members of my chapter make an incredible team.”Tiffany ChangCo-Founder, NYU Chapter
“It’s encouraging and empowering for me to engage with students who are committed to making a difference...and want to lead with character and integrity…a priceless experience that transformed the way I think.”Elizabeth PokuPrinceton University Chapter
If you’re interested in being a part of an SOF chapter, but are unsure if there’s a chapter at your school, take a look at our participating universities below.
If you want to inspire integrity and stewardship in finance within your community, apply to launch a chapter.