Who We Are
We’re a close, motivated team on a big mission to change trajectories for future leaders in the finance sector. We have a vision of a world where all finance leaders steward the world’s capital for the greater good. And our mission is to inspire character and integrity in the finance leaders of tomorrow.
Scholars of Finance is a national team, with 450+ members across 17 universities in New York, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Minneapolis, and several other markets. Since starting less than a year ago, we’ve raised more than $1M+ in seed funding and commitments and brought together 1200+ students with 400+ executives for values-based leadership development. We’re proud to be supported by partners including Goldman Sachs, U.S. Bank, and Piper Sandler, and advisors including Richard Davis, prior CEO of U.S. Bank, Teri List, Board Director of Microsoft, and Tony Paquette, CFO of Point72.
- Design Your Internship. What are you passionate about? What do you enjoy doing? What are your strengths or what do you want to grow/gain experience in? You’ll answer these questions, cross-reference your answers against a long list of strategic needs for SOF, and partner with our CEO, COO, and Associate Team to design your internship together.
- Grow as a Leader. Spend several hours per month investing in your own leadership development and career planning. Our CEO and COO have been mentored by many banking executives over the last 10 years and they pay that forward. They have mentored high-potential young professionals for many years and will work with you to achieve your personal and professional development goals.
- Make an Impact. Internships with SOF are massive opportunities to work on strategic projects that will meaningfully influence the future of our organization. You can help reverse the negative reputation finance has by transforming its culture from the bottom up.
As a Web / UX Design Intern, You Will
- Make updates to our current website on a regular basis
- Work to develop an internally-facing website portal for all members of Scholars of Finance to use on a regular basis
- Support the technology team in the organization and implementation of a website-supported database
- Develop a mobile application that houses all of the necessary information, events, etc. for members of Scholars of Finance
- Work closely with other parts of the marketing team to ensure that every step of the user journey is accounted for and simplified
What You’ll Need
- 1-2 previous internships or 1-2 years of general work experience.
- Strong critical thinking skills; you can identify opportunities, anticipate challenges and gaps, and contingency plan accordingly.
- You can effectively recommend strategies, tactics, timelines, and resources needed to achieve organizational goals.
- You can work independently and take ownership of outcomes while prioritizing and juggling multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
Mentality for Success
- You have a passion for our mission, an interest in finance as a force for good, and commitment to developing ethical & morally sound leaders.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- A desire and willingness to contribute beyond your job description. You’re ready to do whatever it takes to push the mission forward.
- Humility to be both a leader and a “do-er”. After building a strategy, you’ll roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get it done.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. Is something broken? Fix it.
- Researching, developing, and launching new products & programs.
- Working within, leading, and growing small & nimble teams.
- Strong experience with WordPress and Adobe XD or similar programs.
- Familiar with Google Suite and associated applications.
- Working with teams in multiple cities & multiple time zones.
Benefits and Perks
- Gain Unparalleled Experience. Scholars of Finance started with one leadership symposium and now we’re on a mission to change the future of the finance sector. Our interns partner with our CEO and COO to design their projects and focus. They work directly with our CEO, COO, and Associate Team, and are coached throughout the process.
- Build a Movement. Scholars of Finance has early traction, like our founding partnership with US Bank or our virtual and live events that attract hundreds of students and finance leaders every year. You will help recruit and build a national organization from the ground up.
- Work On What Matters. Scholars of Finance wants you to take the initiative to do what you are passionate about. If you have a big idea, we want you to run with it, and we’ll help you bring it to life.
- Gain Academic Credit. If you would like to apply this internship toward academic credit, Scholars of Finance will fully support you in obtaining credit from your university.
- Program Length. We are flexible on when you start, how long the internship runs, and what hours you are expected to work. Generally, we are seeking candidates who can commit at least 3 months to an internship.
- Participation. It is required to participate for at least 10-20 hours per week (M-F between 8am and 6pm PST). We need your availability during these peak business hours so that it’s possible to sync with team members.
- Pay. This is an unpaid internship. We offer an educational stipend of $200/month ($600 total), but this funding is not considered pay and is not tied to merit or performance. Aside from monetary compensation, you’ll also have world-class personal development and growth opportunities as outlined above, executive exposure with our Board of Directors and Advisors, and the ability to design elements of your own internship experience.
- Location. Our entire team works remotely, so whether you’re at home, on campus, or in Europe for the month, you can work wherever you want.